Strawberries roasted on top a mozzarella and goat cheese pizza, topped with fresh basil and a drizzle of Strawberry Balsamic. Ya'll, this pizza is a revelation!
(PRO TIP: You can use almost any fruit and balsamic combination, ie Raspberry and mint)
- 16 ounces prepared whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 ½ cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- 1 ½ cups (about ½ pound) chopped strawberries, leafy ends removed and sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade into short little strips
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.* Roll out your pizza dough into a 12 to 14-inch round on a floured surface. Top the pizza dough with the shredded mozzarella, big crumbles of goat cheese, and strawberries. Bake on a lightly oiled baking sheet (or on a pizza stone, if you have one) until the cheese is bubbling and golden and the crust is crisp underneath, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the NOLA Blends Strawberry Balsamic. In a small saucepan gently simmer on medium-low heat until it is warm (Not bubbling) and set aside. (NOTE:You can skip this and just drizzle directly onto pizza if you store at room temp)
- Once the pizza is done baking, top it with a sprinkle of basil and freshly ground black pepper. Slice it and use a spoon to lightly drizzle balsamic vinegar on top, as shown in pictures. Serve!