- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each) (or sub turkey breast)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (sub NOLA Blends Garlic Infused Olive Oil)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons NOLA Blends Pear Balsamic Vinegar (Seasonal)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 medium unpeeled pears, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/3 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries (Optional - Great for Thanksgiving)
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until a thermometer reads 165°, 8-10 minutes. Remove.
- Meanwhile, stir together next 5 ingredients until blended. Pour into skillet; add pears and dried cherries. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until pears are tender, about 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet; simmer, uncovered, until heated through, 3-5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional minced rosemary.