Shrimp and Tasso Pasta
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined (Seasonally sub Crawfish)
- 1/2 pound tasso (substitute your favorite sausage if you can't find tasso) cut in 1/4 inch dice
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons NOLA Blends Cajun Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 pound pasta (your choice here), fresh if possible
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- Pour cream and NOLA Blends Cajun Infused Olive Oil into a large heavy skillet and place over medium heat.
- Stir the cream till it begins to rise to keep it from overflowing; when it comes to a boil, add the tasso, salt, peppers and herbs and let simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- The cream sauce should be fairly thick (You can prepare the sauce ahead to this point.)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil and drop in the pasta. Cook until just al dente.
- Meanwhile, return the sauce to a simmer, stir in the shrimp (or crawfish), green onions and parsley and cook until the shrimp turn pink (or until the oysters curl around the edges), about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and divide among bowls. Ladle the sauce over and toss; serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Serves 4-6.
Sweet Black Garlic Barbecued Lamb Shoulder
Ingredients 1/2 cup soy sauce 1/4 cup hoisin sauce 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar 1 tbsp. sesame oil 4 tbsp. NOLA Blends Black Garlic Infused Balsamic (2 tbsp. Reserved) 2 ga...Read more
Cajun Chicken Voodoo Zoodle Pasta
Ingredients 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small cubes (sub your favorite seafood) 4-5 medium zucchini's spiralized 3 teaspoons Cajun Spice Mix More To Taste (we use Tony's) ...Read more
Leave a comment