Jalapeño Lime Shrimp Tacos ~LENT SPECIAL~
- 24 large raw shrimp peeled
- 16 small corn tortillas
- 4 cups angel hair shredded cabbage
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup of NOLA Blends Jalapeño Lime White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Jalapeño finely minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tbsp NOLA Blends Meyer Lemon EVOO (can substitute regular EVOO)
- 3 garlic cloves pressed or finely minced
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt
- 1 avocado diced
- salsa (your choice) for serving
- couple of limes quartered for garnish
Toss the cabbage with 4 tablespoons Jalapeño Lime White Balsamic, jalapeño, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, sliced red onion and a pinch of salt, set aside.
Warm tortillas in a skillet over low heat, flipping occasionally.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, pour the shrimp in. Sear on one side for 1-2 minutes, flip and sear on the other side until pink all the way through and no longer opaque, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
To assemble tacos, layer two tortillas on top of each other. top with lime slaw, a few shrimp, and some avocado. Top with some salsa and a squeeze of fresh lime.