Chocolate Fig Old Fashioned Cocktail & Vanilla Fig Infused Bourbon
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1/4 oz creme de cacao
- 1/4 oz NOLA Blends Fig Balsamic
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters
- orange peel
- garnish: chocolate covered fig, orange peel
BONOUS: Mission Fig Old Fashioned
- 2 ounces fig and vanilla infused bourbon
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup or 1 sugar cube with a splash of water (muddled)
- 2 dashes NOLA Blends Fig Balsamic (Sub NOLA Blends Vanilla Fig when available)
- 1 orange peel
- sliced dried Mission fig garnish (optional)
- In a mixing glass, combine simple syrup, balsamic, and infused bourbon. Fill mixing glass halfway with ice, then stir vigorously about a dozen times.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass over a giant ice cube. Squeeze orange peel over glass to extract oils, wipe the rim of the glass with the peel and add to the glass.
- Garnish with a sliced dried fig.
Let’s start with your favorite bourbon and infuse it with dried mission figs and vanilla beans. Which is perfect for an Old Fashioned or simply sipping on the rocks.
- 1 cup dried mission figs (or any fresh figs) halved
- 2 vanilla beans, split down middle
- 750 ml (fifth) of bourbon
- Combine vanilla beans, figs, and bourbon in a glass jar or container with an air tight lid.
- Let sit for 10-14 days for in a cool dark place. TIP Check after 10 days, taste and see if you think it should steep for the remaining 4 days.
- Strain with a fine mesh strainer or coffee filter into a clean glass container with lid. Enjoy.