September 11, 2021
Creamy Cajun Chicken & Sausage Pasta
Creamy Cajun Chicken Sausage Pasta is a wonderful weeknight one pot pasta dish! This is the best Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe! It's creamy, cheesy, loaded with flavor, and on the table in 30 minutes! An easy weeknight dinner your whole family will love.
- 8 oz penne (2 cups) uncooked
- 2 tbsp NOLA Blends "The Drizz” Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 lb chicken breast (2 chicken breasts) boneless and skinless, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp your favorite Cajun season we use Tony’s
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 links smoked green onion sausage cut into slices
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until it's al dente (cooked until it's still firm when bitten). Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, then sprinkle with the cajun seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink and is cooked through, should take about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sausage and cook for a couple more minutes until the sausage starts to brown.
- Add bell pepper to the skillet and stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, parsley to the skillet and stir. Cook for 30 seconds until the garlic becomes aromatic.
- Add the half and half and cook until it comes to a boil. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Add the penne and stir everything together.
- Garnish with more parmesan cheese and parsley if preferred and serve while warm.